Cryptocurrency has revolutionized the way in which parties transfer value to one another. We’re now seeing the second wave of the crypto revolution, with many new startups beginning to use tokenization and initial coin offerings as a method of raising capital to fund new and innovative platforms without the need for traditional venture capital.
By disrupting the way individuals transfer value to one another, crypto has also made it possible to change the way individuals lend capital to one another. A new initial coin offering called Debitum Network is aiming to create a streamlined platform that allows users to lend capital without the fees associated with traditional lending, making it possible for any business around the world to access small business financing.
In this article, we’ll take a look at the Debitum Network platform and find out what it plans to offer, as well as examining how the Debitum Network ICO works in order to help you determine whether it’s worth investing in.
What Is Debitum Network?
Debitum Network is aiming to function as a platform that offers “borderless small business financing”, and is set to leverage the powerful and dynamic nature of the blockchain to both secure and distribute fiat investments in the SME environment.
Debitum is founded on the principles of decentralization, accessibility, and fairness, and wants to create a new way in which small to medium enterprises are able to access critical growth funding. The Debitum Network is intended to address the $2 trillion credit gap that exists in the SME environment- according to recent statistics published by the World Bank, more than 70% of all micro and small to medium enterprises lack access to credit in emerging markets.
The Debitum Network wants to wrestle control away from centralized banking institutions and the over-regulated, inaccessible nature of credit from incumbent banking platforms. Small businesses currently struggle under the regime of centralized banks- in order to combat this, Debitum will unite borrowers, lenders, risk assessors, insurers, and document validators under one flag.
Users of the Debitum Network platform will be able to connect for free, and facilitate cross-border deals that are free from the high costs and stifling regulation associated with traditional lending. Constructed as a hybrid platform, Debitum will operate on the Ethereum blockchain and facilitate agreements via smart contracts and an internal means of payment.
The Debitum Network will operate on a native crypto token called Debitum, or DEB. The platform will also integrated advanced machine learning intelligence to automate additional services, and incorporate blockchain-to-blockchain communication in order to automatically clear assets and loans.
The Debitum platform is built as a partnership between Debifo, an alternative financing platform that boasts a current asset portfolio of over € 3M, and Inntec, a Northern European IT company with more than 151,000 total project hours.
The Debitum Network ICO
The Debitum Network ICO will be used to generate the capital necessary to develop and launch the platform, and will begin on the 30th of November 2017.
One billion DEB tokens will be released during the token crowdsale, which will be based on the Ethereum ERC223 standard. The crowdsale will end on the 30th of December 2017, with a three-tiered pricing structure.
During Step 1, DEB will be priced at 3,750 DEB for 1 ETH, which will increase to 3,300 DEB for 1 ETH in Step 2. Finally, in Step 3, 1 ETH will be valued at 2,888 DEB. 60% of the tokens released in the crowdsale will be available for public purchase, while the remaining 40% will be distributed between supporters, reserve, and the Debitum team.
|Slack chat (What is this?)|
|Github (not available) (What is this?)|