With Spotify for TV, you can enjoy all the music and podcasts you love, right here on the big screen. Flick through artist pages, albums, songs and playlists using your remote control, or with Spotify Connect on your phone or tablet. Listen free, or go ad-free with Premium.
Spotify remains one of the biggest music streaming services on the planet. Most people access the service on their smartphones. However, you may be wondering, “Does Roku have Spotify support?” Thankfully, the answer is, “Yes.” You can learn how to get Spotify on Roku-based TVs, sticks, and set-top boxes.
Read more: Roku buyers guide
Thankfully, the procedure on how to get Spotify on Roku TV devices is pretty simple. The service has its own dedicated Spotify Roku app. There are three ways you can install the Spotify Roku app.
How to get Spotify on Roku directly
In order to get the Spotify Roku app installed directly on your Roku-based TV, stick, or set-top box, it’s pretty simple.
- On the main Roku page, scroll and click on the Search section.
- Type in Spotify in the Search bar and you should see a Spotify Roku app option show up on the right side of the bar.
- Scroll and click on the Spotify selection.
- Click on the Add channel option.
- The app should now be added to your main Roku home screen. Click on it, add your account, and start streaming music.
How to add the app via the web
If you are not around your Roku devices, you can go to the Roku website and add the Spotify channel via the site’s channel store.
- Go to the Roku.com site and sign into your Roku account on the site.
- Go to the What to watch option on top of the site, click on it, and then click on the Channel Store option.
- Type in Spotify in the search bar and then click on the Spotify Music selection when it comes up.
- Finally, just click on the Add channel selection on the Spotify Music page. It should add the app to all of your Roku devices on your account within 24 hours.
How to add the app via the Roku mobile app
The third method is to add Spotify via the Roku mobile app on iOS and Android.
- Launch the Roku app, and then tap on the Channels option on the bottom.
- Tap on the Channel Store option, and then tap on the search icon on the top right-hand corner.
- Type in Spotify in the search bar, and then tap on the Spotify Music selection.
- Finally, tap the Add option. The app should be installed on your devices within 24 hours.
That’s how you can add the streaming service to Roku devices. What do you listen to on your Spotify app?
Read: Best cheap Roku deals
As we look to improve the overall Spotify experience, we removed our app from Roku TV systems on December 22nd, 2017. We hope to have a better version of Spotify on these devices in future.
Yes, the Roku channel is gone. For the pursuit of providing better experience, Spotify removed its app from Roku TV systems last December. No any indication, no timescale about how long users have to wait to its back, just a short notice listed above, which brings Spotify users with a terrible mood. If you search for the Spotify relevant forums with phrase like 'Spotify on Roku', you'll probably find that most people complain of this decision, and wait for the new version:
-- It's crazy that a company can remove their paying customer's ability to use their service…
-- You couldn't keep the crappy experience while you were working on a better experience...
-- I hope they improve upon it drastically, it was a terribly limited.
However, as months have gone, there is no any new version released. When it might be available again? No information. But it doesn’t mean that you have no opportunity to play Spotify on TV via Roku during this period. Here we are going to introduce a wonderful Spotify downloader tool to help you play Spotify music on Roku player with ease, that is NoteBurner Spotify Music Converter.
Tool Required: NoteBurner Spotify Music Converter
Roku App Spotify
NoteBurner Spotify Music Converter is a professional DRM removal app specially designed for Spotify user to easily download and convert any Spotify track, album, artist and playlist to plain MP3, AAC, FLAC or WAV format. With an advanced DRM decrypting technique that differs from traditional recording, it will help even the Spotify Free users to download music from Spotify while keeping the original audio quality and ID tags of the music in output files. Thus, you can sync these downloaded DRM-free Spotify music to Roku player and play on TV.
Seeking a way to save songs from Amazon Music Unlimited as well as Prime Music forever? Amazon Music Converter is all you need, which carries the best audio recording core, able to download any Amazon songs to MP3/AAC/WAV/FLAC format.
Features of NoteBurner Spotify Music Converter:
Roku Tv Spotify App
- Convert Spotify music to plain MP3, AAC, WAV, FLAC.
- Record songs at 5X faster speed with 100% lossless quality.
- Upload music to OneDrive directly.
- Keep ID3 tags after conversion.
- Burn Spotify music to CD easily.