Cancel your Premium plan any time with these steps.
- Log in to your account page.
- Under Your plan, click CHANGE PLAN.
- Scroll to Spotify Free and click CANCEL PREMIUM.
- Continue through to the confirmation message.
Find My Spotify Account
Your account page now shows the date your plan will change to Spotify Free. You can continue to use Premium features until then.
Hello, @lolly85. Thanks for reaching out to the Spotify Community. At this moment in time, users are able to login with their Spotify account on multiple devices, but can only listen to music on one of those at a time. Attempting to stream on more than one device simultaneously could pause/skip. Like Facebook, Spotify allows you to add apps directly on its application. Apps can add a new dimension to how you use Spotify and how you listen to music. Apps can vary from Billboard Top Charts to learning a new language.
- If you don’t want to delete your Spotify account, you can simply cancel your Spotify Premium membership as well. Once you’ve gone over all the details and are sure that you want to permanently delete your Spotify account, open the Spotify website in your browser of choice and log in to your account. Next, open Spotify’s Customer Support.
- To listen to music on the go, download Spotify from the Google Play or Apple app store. Spotify on Android with Google Play Spotify on iOS with the AppStore. To listen on other devices, a separate app may or may not be required, depending on the device. For more information, see how to play on your speakers, car, TV, or games.
When plan changes to Spotify Free, you can still log in, play tunes, and access all your saved music and playlists.
This means you subscribed with another company (e.g. your mobile provider, or with iTunes).
Since they manage the subscription, you need to cancel with them. You can find their details on your account page.
If you subscribed with iTunes, see Apple's instructions for canceling.
This means there's no Premium plan to cancel, and the account doesn’t have payment info associated with it.
If you're being charged, you likely have Premium on a different account. This guide will help you find and cancel it.
If you cancel around your usual billing date, your next payment may have already been taken.
If your account page shows a date when your plan will change to Spotify Free, you’ve successfully cancelled and won’t be charged again. If it doesn’t show this, try the cancel steps again making sure you reach the confirmation message.
Otherwise, you may have Premium on another account. This guide will help you find and cancel it.
If you subscribed through another company (for example your mobile or broadband company), you need to contact that company for help.
My Spotify Account
You can also cancel by completing this form and sending it to Spotify.