Along with our desktop, mobile, and tablet apps, you can play Spotify from the comfort of your browser on our web player.
Spotify Browse Page Not Working On Macbook
You can access the entire Spotify catalog and use many of the same features offered by our app, including:
- Search for artists, albums, tracks, and playlists.
- Browse our Featured section, New Releases, and Genres & Moods.
- Access and edit Your Library, including Playlists, Songs, Albums, and Artists.
- View artist pages.
The web player is supported by the following web browsers:
Spotify Browse Page Not Working On Mac Os
We can find many reports about 'Spotify web player not working' issue in Spotify community like below: 'Spotify web player won't play anything in Chrome. When I click the Play button, nothing happens. Can anyone help?' 'I can't access Spotify through my web browser. It keeps saying 'protected content is not allowed' in Chrome settings. Spotify was not working on my Windows 10 PC though it worked fine on my Android. It took me some time to go through all the settings and sift through the support forums to find solutions that.
- Your web browser may need updating. You can check and update it in the Help section of your browser’s menu.
- Try opening the web player in a private/incognito window. Find the option to open a new private/incognito window in your browser’s menu.
- If you see the message “Playback of protected content is not enabled”, check out Enable the web player.
- Check @SpotifyStatus for any ongoing issues.
- Some shared or public networks (e.g. schools/work/office) restrict access to certain services. You can contact those responsible for managing the network for more information.
If it's still not working for you, try listening on the desktop app instead.