If you can’t find your Chromecast, Chromecast Audio, TV with Chromecast built-in, or Chromecast built-in speaker, see the troubleshooting steps below. To troubleshoot why 1) a Hangout / Calendar meeting entry, or 2) a Cast for Education device isn't appearing in your device list, please read Casting to Hangouts and Cast for Education Cloud.
This brief guide will show you how to stream from the Windows and Mac versions of Spotify to your Chromecast – and offers some troubleshooting tips if you’re having difficulty getting it working.
Spotify Mac Doesn T Show Chromecast Tv
- First, make sure your Chromecast and the computer running Spotify are on the same network. In Spotify, click the Devices Available button in the bottom-right corner of the window, right next to the Volume button.
- Select your Chromecast from the list of devices. That’s it! If your Chromecast device isn’t listed, continue with step #3 below.
- Even with your Chromecast on, and working with other Apps, for some reason it isn’t always picked up by the Windows and macOS versions of Spotify.
- The most surefire way to get Spotify to ‘find’ your Chromecast is to grab your smartphone or tablet and briefly use it to connect to Chromecast. Open Spotify on your phone/tablet then locate and click the Devices Available link.
- Select Chromecast from the list.
- Now back on your computer, Spotify should find and recognize your Chromecast. You can resume control of Spotify here (and close Spotify on your phone/tablet).
- If you have any tips to make Spotify find a nearby Chromecast without having to use a phone or tablet by all means leave a comment below!