Chromecast Audio for Spotify Free users. 1) Spotify Free users can cast to Apple Airplay devices without the need for Spotify Premium. 2) Spotify Free users can cast to Chromecast Video, but 3) Spotify Free users cannot cast to Chromecast Audio. Spotify Premium is required for Chromecast Audio.
Spotify Not Free To Chromecast Audio Books
- I updated Spotify today(22 Oct 2015) I have rebooted the Chromecast Audio. I have re-setup the Chromecast Audio many times. I have reinstalled the Spotify apps many times. I have connected with Google and Spotify support, each blame it on the other service. The issue is not a streaming issue, more a problem of recognition of the device.
- There is no doubt that it's the easiest way to play Spotify on Chromecast and Chromecast Audio. But the process of connecting Spotify to Chromecast is unstable. Because it requires a network connection. By using this way, you will meet some unexpected errors. They include Spotify Chromecast not working, Spotify won't connect to Chromecast.
If you’ve been following the news from Google today, you probably know that you can now stream Spotify right to your Chromecast. To do this, all you need is the Spotify app and a Chromecast or Chromecast Audio device hooked up to your TV or speakers.
Although both types of devices allow streaming, there is one important difference: You’ll need to be a premium subscriber to play music through your Chromecast Audio.
Here’s how you can get Spotify to stream on your new Chromecast and Chromecast Audio:
- Make sure that your phone, tablet, or computer is connected to the same Wi-Fi as your device
- Within Spotify, select a track that you want to listen to
- At the bottom of the screen, select “Devices Available”
- Tap on the Chromecast device listed
- Now you’re listening to the track right from your TV or speaker
Anyone who has the Spotify app and is connected to your Wi-Fi is able to control what’s played on your television, just like when streaming to other devices, like a Sonos.
Keep in mind that only the new Chromecast devices will be able to do this; if you have one of the first-generation dongles, you’ll have to wait at least a few weeks until it receives a firmware update.