Hi, so spotify won't download songs to my phone anymore. I have a premium account and my phone is connected to internet via a stable WiFi connection. I'm not in offline mode and download using cellular is switched on. Why this happen and how to solve it? If your music or podcasts won’t download: 1. Spotify content may only be accessed with the Spotify app, the web player website, or apps otherwise authorized by Spotify. Last updated: 14 August, 2020. If Spotify won't download your music, there are five different ways to try and troubleshoot the problem. Tap 'Music Quality,' and switch on 'Download Using Cellular.'
I just got my new iPhone 6. There appears to be a problem with the music app being unable to stream music over cellular data. It basically ignores the setting in Setting / Cellular / Use Cellular Data For / Music, and will only stream over wifi.
I can download,individual songs if I deliberately choose download and accept the cellular data warning, but then it will stop playing and not download the next song.
If I turn the Use Cellular Data setting off, it always returns to on (green selected) the next time I check the setting, even if I close the app and reboot the phone.
Regardless of what the setting is, the Music app will not allow me to stream music over cellular data.
Anyone else have this issue?
Spotify even though it’s a great music service, its apps don’t function properly always and sometimes causes problems. These errors are pretty annoying like sometimes Spotify won’t open at all. There are several other problems that users often face with Spotify like waiting to download or local files not showing. But as there are solutions for those problems there is also a solution to this Spotify problem also.
Update – 10/07/2020 – Turn off mobile data or turn on Airplane mode to enjoy the offline songs in your Spotify App.
Why won’t Spotify open on my computer?
There could many reasons as to why Spotify might not be opening or crashing while trying to open. Maybe your audio drivers are outdated, maybe you need to clear out your Spotify cache or maybe there was a problem while update Spotify and you need to update it properly again.
Or just maybe the Spotify crashed while you were trying to close and reinstalling the app and rebooting your computer might just solve the problem. Here are a few tricks you can try to make Spotify open again –
1. Uninstall & Delete Spotify Cache
Some users report that if you uninstall the mal-functioning Spotify app and then also clear its cache and then do a clean reinstall, while also in between giving your computer a restart, seems to solve the problem.
Here’s how you can do that –
- In order to simultaneously uninstall and clear cache of Spotify, download and install IOBit Uninstaller. This is a 3rd party software which works absolutely fine.
- After installing open up the app and under ‘All Programs’ look for the Spotify app. There will be a green dustbin icon beside the Spotify app name, click it.
- Then when a new sub-window appears, tick the option ‘Automatically remove residual files’ and click on the uninstall button. Spotify will be now successfully uninstalled and all its cache and data will be cleared.
- This should successfully uninstall Spotify and also clear out all its data and cache. Now give your computer a reboot and then reinstall the latest version of Spotify.
But what if you don’t want to install a third-party app on your system? Well, we have a manual solution for you then.
- Uninstall the Spotify app, the normal way from the control panel first. Then go to this location in your File explorer ‘C:UsersUsernameAppDataLocalSpotify‘ and delete the whole Spotify folder. Then give your computer a restart.
- Then install the latest version of Spotify and check if Spotify is opening.
- If you are having problems in deleting the cache folders yourself, why not try using trusted 3rd-party apps and let them do the job? You can use apps like Wise Care 365 and then just do a checkup of your computer inside the app and it will automatically find temporary files and unwanted data and delete those while clearing out tons of space for you.
2. Update Spotify
Sometimes bugs in the current version of Spotify app that you are using can also cause Spotify to not open, so it would be best to check for updates in Spotify and if there are any updates available, then update to the latest version of the app. You can learn to update Spotify in different devices to their latest versions from this link.
3. Update Windows
A lot of times some bugs in Windows updates cause problems in applications and this is a pretty common thing. But if you have windows restore enabled then you don’t need to worry, as you can just restore to the previous version and then try running Spotify again.
A corollary, older Windows versions might not work properly with new applications like Spotify which get frequently updated and they would need to be updated to the latest version that is available. First enable Windows restore and take a backup of your current system and then proceed onto update your Windows to the latest version that is available, note that no data will be deleted while updating so do not worry.
After updating try running Spotify and if it does not work and you face other problems, then you can always restore your system as you already have a backup.
4. Update Audio Drivers
Sometimes outdated audio drivers can cause problems with music apps and might often cause them to crash, as none of your sound-related devices would get recognised. Try using apps like Driver Booster to automatically update all your outdated device drivers automatically.
Just install Driver Booster, by following the on-screen instructions and then run it. It will then scan your computer for all connected devices and will match the installed drivers with their database and also look for missing drivers. It will then install all missing drivers and update all the outdated ones.
Spotify Songs Won't Download
Then after installing and updating all the drivers, your device will restart, you can then try running Spotify. You just learned to fix the Spotify won’t open error now, are you facing the Spotify can’t play this right now error? Well, check that link out then.