When we talk about some of the biggest music streaming apps out there, Apple Music and Spotify have to be the first two picks. Though, there are times when Apple Music users migrate to Spotify as it is just more flexible and has a bigger catalog. If you are also planning to do the same, then you can easily transfer Apple Music to Spotify all your data. In this way, you don’t have to find songs and create playlists all over again on Spotify. In this post, I’m going to list two simple solutions to import Apple Music to Spotify that anyone can implement.
Spotify Itunes Library
Method 1: How to Transfer Apple Music to Spotify with SongShift
The first method that I would recommend to import Apple Music to Spotify would be SongShift. It is a freely available app that you can use on your iOS device to transfer data from one streaming platform to another.
- After that, you can directly add Spotify music to iTunes without limits. Step 1 Add Spotify files to Spotify to iTunes converter Double click to open DRmare Spotify to iTunes Converter. And the Spotify app will be launched automatically. Once you login in Spotify with your personal account, you can start to add Spotify songs for iTunes.
- . To turn syncing on for a content type, select the checkbox next to Sync. Select the checkbox next to each item that you want to sync. Click the Apply button in the lower-right corner of the window. If syncing doesn't start automatically, click the Sync button. You can only sync your device with one iTunes library at a time.
- • SongShift supports a wide range of streaming platforms like Apple Music, Spotify, YouTube Music, Tidal, etc. that you can integrate together.
- • Once you have linked your Apple Music and Spotify accounts, you can just sync your music between these platforms.
- • It can transfer your songs, playlists, saved tracks, and several other things that were present in your Apple Music account.
- • You can sync both the platforms or simply import playlists from Apple Music to Spotify.
Click on the Synchronize tool on the left panel of the interface Select your Spotify playlist (if no Spotify playlists are shown, you may have to connect this platform) Select Apple Music as the destination service (and connect this platform) Select the Apple Music playlist (you can create a new playlist directly by selecting 'New Playlist').
- • It is not available for Android devices as of now
- • The free version can only transfer a handful of songs
Price: $4.99 monthly or $19.99 annually
Here are some simple steps that you can follow to transfer Apple Music to Spotify using SongShift.
Step 1: Set up Apple Music as a source
To start with, you can just install SongShift on your iOS device and launch it whenever you wish to move your music. Now, go to its home, and tap on the “Setup Source” button to browse the list of the available services.
As the interface will display the supported streaming services, select Apple Music from here, and connect it to the app. You have to log-in to your Apple Music account and authorize the service.
Step 2: Select the playlists to move
Once you have added Apple Music, go to the Source option again, and select it. Now, from the list of the saved playlists in your Apple Music account, you can just select the playlists to sync to SongShift.
Step 3: Transfer playlists to Spotify
After your playlists would be synced to SongShift, you will be notified. You can now tap on the “Setup Destination” field, select Spotify, and grant it access to your account. In the end, you can tap on the “Finished” button to import Apple Music to Spotify.
Method 2: How to Transfer Apple Music to Spotify with Tune My Music
Since SongShift only runs on iOS devices, a lot of people can’t use it to import Apple Music to Spotify. Thankfully, you can try Tune My Music, which is a popular web-based application to transfer music from one platform to another.
- • Since this is a web-based solution, you can access it on any device to transfer Apple Music to Spotify.
- • Tune My Music supports 20 different platforms like Amazon Music, Pandora, YouTube Music, etc. so that you can move music between numerous sources.
- • Once you have connected both the platforms, you can select the playlists that you wish to move.
- • All the features of Tune My Music are available for free and it won’t ask for any payment details.
- • Takes a lot of time to sync music between different platforms
To learn how to transfer Apple Music to Spotify using Tune My Music, you can follow these basic steps:
Step 1: Connect your Apple Music
At first, you can just go to the official website of Tune My Music and find different supported platforms on its home. From here, select the Apple Music icon, to begin with.
Now, you need to log-in to your Apple Music account on the native interface of Tune My Music. Also, make sure that the iCloud Music Library on your phone is enabled to sync it here.
Step 2: Select the playlists to move
After you have successfully logged-in to your Apple Music account, you can view the saved playlists here. Now, you can manually select the playlists that you wish to transfer and proceed to select the destination platform.
Step 3: Transfer Apple Music to Spotify
Select Spotify as the destination platform and log-in to your account here as well. In the end, you can further check the playlists that you have selected and start the transfer process.
Wait for a while as your selected playlists would be imported from Apple Music to Spotify. When the process is completed, you will be notified and can access your music on Spotify later on.
SongShift vs. Tune My Music: A Quick Comparison
By now, you would be able to import Apple Music to Spotify using these two methods. Though, to help you pick a preferred method, I have drawn their quick comparison here.
|SongShift||Tune My Music|
|Platform||iOS app only||Web|
|Compatibility||10+ different platforms||20 streaming platforms|
|Ease of use||Simple||Moderate|
|Duplicate content||Detected and removed||Can’t be detected|
|Add-on features||Yes (like batch transfer and monitoring of playlists)||Limited features|
This brings us to the end of this extensive guide on how to transfer Apple Music to Spotify all kinds of saved music and playlists. Since I have included two different solutions to import Apple Music to Spotify, you would be able to meet your requirements. If you want to transfer music on your iPhone, then SongShift can be an ideal pick. Though, if you wish to transfer music for free using a web-based tool, then simply head to the website of Tune My Music. Go ahead and try these solutions and never lose your saved playlists while switching from Apple Music to Spotify (or vice versa).